Friday, February 27, 2015

one morning in the life of Cyber..

I licked my hand.. I meant my paw. That chicken had been delicious. Sometimes the people who lived in the house where I stayed at were nice. They would give me chicken or rice mixed with fish if I miaowed loud enough. Well, sometimes though.. Now that my tummy was full I felt a little bit sleepy. As I lay down on my favourite spot on the porch, licking myself as I was basking in the healthy morning sunshine on this lazy Sunday morning, I felt sleepier and sleepier. Something tiny and black under the car in the nearby garage immediately caught my attention. It was moving slowly between the sandals that were left by the little girls on the floor of the garage. The girls lived in this house and earlier they had come rushing into the house noisily after riding their bikes on the street in front of the house. They always did that even though they knew that their mother would have a word with them about the scattered sandals later, I was sure of it. Their mother was really into neatness and the scatttered sandals would surely infuriate her. Anyway, the tiny black thing turned out to be a cockroach. It was now slowly climbing the wall near the front door. Something small and moving like this usually made me get on my four legs to come and chase and play with it. However, this time my sleepiness won over me and I gave in to it. I slowly closed my eyes as I watched the animal disappeared behind the curtain of the window above me. I didn’t think I had been sleeping for more than 10 minutes when I heard a terrible scream from inside the house that woke me up from my morning nap. The scream was so loud that I actually fell off the chair I was sleeping on out of shock. I was so annoyed. I should have guessed something like this would happen. The lady in the house had this very silly phobia of cockroaches. I should have known that as soon as she saw the animal, she would act as she always did when she saw one, scream out loud. I got up, licked the part of my body that was hurt a little because of the fall, yawned widely, streched my limbs and walked casually out of the gate. With the cockroach in the house, I was sure the lady would make a big commotion while instructing her husband and the little girls to search and kill the poor animal. I would just have to find another quiet place to continue my disturbed morning nap and come back later for my lunch. I sure hoped it would be chicken again…

No comments:

Post a Comment